Hi! Newcomer here.

Sep 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hello everyone!

My fiance and me have recently started with fish.

We bought a 10g and let it run for awhile.

Then we got some fish (in my signature).

I think we've made a few mistakes so far but we still have 7 fish :)

We're really loving this new hobby.

Sep 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
Thanks! This place is great, I read about half of the message board already.

I love these Red Tails but it probably was a mistake to get two.

Although they actually are doing pretty well.

It's kind of funny what's happened...

First the big one was dominant and bossing the little one, but after a few days the little one grew a pair.

And now the big one is always hiding behind the filter.

jo3olous

Large Fish
Aug 6, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
3 Recent deaths have us a little discouraged but I think I have fixed the problem the "fish babysitter" left us.

We are both still very excited... and addicted. This has completely replaced our TV watching, no joke.

:D
I don't blame your baby sitter for the death of your fish. Rather the very small tank and the amount of fish/ choice of fish you made. I would also blame the non-cyled tank, unless you are doing a fish in cycle, and you chose the wrong fish to do that *SICK*

Sep 15, 2008
Chicago, IL
I don't blame your baby sitter for the death of your fish. Rather the very small tank and the amount of fish/ choice of fish you made. I would also blame the non-cyled tank, unless you are doing a fish in cycle, and you chose the wrong fish to do that *SICK*
hey hey, they told us to cycle it for a week and we did... now there are fish in there.

But yes, we did get too many fish.

Do wish I knew about this place first.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Welcome aboard! :)
A part of learning anything involves making mistakes and learning from them, so don't get discouraged.

Jo3...take it easy on the newbies, why don't ya? :cool:
BV