Hi there

Jeanna

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2004
Visit site
Hi everyone. I finally got to post one here. Well, I'm a big fish lover, spend lots of time on my tanks. I have 4 tanks as of now, and trying to get my husband off his butt and fix my 65 gal. tank, so that I can get an Arrowanna. (my favotire fish of all). Right now I have a pair of Brachardi that have eggs in a 50gal. Then I have a 29 gal. that has 4 Jack Dempsey's (one large and 3 babies) I know I need to get them in a bigger tank. Then I have a Grenn Terror in a 20 gal. just because I had to get him out of the 50gal. that was with the Brachadis. I need to get him in something bigger too. I think he's so sad being moved from a 50 to a 20. Then I also have a 29 gal. with a bunch of Neons some Tiger Barbs, a coulpe Red Velvet Swordtails, a few Fancy tail guppies, Red tail shark, a frog, a crab, a pleco, and I think that's about it.
Well, I guess that's all, but I'm looking forward to getting lots of advice and reading about other people and their fish.
Thanx for reading,
Jeanna

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
Welcome to the tank. :D

I don't know much about Arrowannas except I keep seeing gigantic ones at some stores that eat mice and stuff. I'm assuming you know that a 65 will not be big enough for one in the long run? Not sure of their growth rate so maybe you'll be fine for a while. I have a feeling you know far more about these fish than I do, so I'm sure you know what to do. Once again, Welcome to the tank.

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
Echo!!:D:p hehehehe

welcome!:) this thai place i eat at sometimes has a huge arrowanna in their tank, looks really old too. has a tiny tail though...hes about 3 ft long and he looks like he has an oscars tail, kinda funny hehe:p

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Welcome :)

Arrowana grow REALLY fast, just ask bumblebee about that one! They're adorable when they're tiny...but his grew so fast that he had to sell it back to the store at like 11 inches because he couldn't set up a big enough tank fast enough!

Jeanna

Large Fish
Jul 15, 2004
Visit site
Thnax

Thanx for the nice welcome.
As for Arrawannas, Ive had many of them and my problem is that they somehow ALWAYS find a way to jump out of the tank. I've gone as far as putting wieghts on the lids, and still they find a way to jump out. Yes, I know how fast they grow, but what an amazing fish.
Again, thanx for the nice welcome.
Jeanna