Hmm im very impatient

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
I think im gonna set up a fish bowl tommorow if i have enough left over from pickin up the last bits for my big tank... i want somtin that will fit on my desk...
maybe throw a fish and a snail in it... i know ill have to keep changing the water and feeding them and watching them closely... but maybe i can get a good feel for the fish thing before i get my big tank fully ready...

well what im asking i guess is whats a few good choices for a solo fish in a small bowl or tank depending on prices lol?

Last edited:

FreddyJ

Large Fish
May 5, 2006
I had a betta and an african dwarf frog in a small glass desktop bowl. They were good roomies and lived until an unfortunate accident (well over a year though).

Just remember: water changes, water changes, water changes. :) A small bowl makes it a considerably easier process

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Why not get a 2.5 or 5.5 gallon rectangular glass tank rather than a bowl? They provide more surface area than a bowl, and is much easier to put a filter and/or other equipment. I've got a 5.5 gallon planted tank sitting on my desk at home and it really doesn't take up much space at all. I'm sure it'll cost a little bit more, but shouldn't be too much and you'll be able to provide a much better habitat for the fish actualy with less work and upkeep with a filter. I know my LFS sells just the 5.5 gallon tanks for around $8.

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
lol i ended up not getting the 11 dollar 10 gallon tank... i grabed my 30 g*it looks bigger then 30g* from my mom... it was really dirty though.. what can i use to clean it... i cleaned it pretty well with plain water but it doesnt seem to get 100% clean... and could u guys tell the size of a tank by the measurements?

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
i couldnt find any clear amonia.. so i might have to fish cycle it... id really rather not so im gonna go to a few more shops...

any know wich shops in ny would carrie ammonia?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2005
Missouri, USA
Your tapwater pH should stabilize after a day or so of aeration.

I like white distilled vinegar for cleaning tanks. Leaves no residue and cuts lime scale.

For ammonia, go to a cheap-end grocery store or a hardware store. Always Save or other generic, unscented ammonia is what you're after.

If you're setting up a 30g, you need to cease being impatient. Impatience = dead fish.

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
i was filling it with a 1 gallon jug and iv put 15 in so far and its half full i didnt have a measuring stick so i guessed :p*laughingc

oh and i have 2 20 gallon tanks at my moms there smaller then this one lol... and i have a huge tank im gonna steal from my neighbor.. its a 50 sumtin gallon tank i would guess..

Last edited:

UP UP AND GUPPY

Superstar Fish
Mar 14, 2006
Sacramento, California
www.myspace.com
DclownD said:
i was filling it with a 1 gallon jug and iv put 15 in so far and its half full i didnt have a measuring stick so i guessed :p*laughingc

oh and i have 2 20 gallon tanks at my moms there smaller then this one lol... and i have a huge tank im gonna steal from my neighbor.. its a 50 sumtin gallon tank i would guess..
Your hexa lucky to have all those tanks. I wish I were you.

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
hmmm now its working... well my mom had alot cuz she used to keep rats in some of em and the others were used for keeping a snapper who we found when she was the size of a 50c peice... and now is freakin huge..