Holy Betta?

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
One of the bettas I bought yesterday has holes in his fins... but it's not like shreaded edges or chunks missing, this looks uniform and it's at the base of the fins (I'll do my best to try and get a pic today) ... it almost looks like some sort of crowntail cross messed with his genetics or something, but I'm going to put some melafix in just in case, and he's the only one who didn't eat last night, so I am slightly worried about him, he's still pretty small though, so maybe he ate at the LFS and he wasn't hungry or he was just more stressed about the long trip home than the rest, who knows, but he's cute none the less, I hope he doesn't have any problems.

The other 3 I got yesterday are doing great, one of them is even bubblenesting already, Wonder what they'll think when they actually get a tank instead of the random house finds there in now LOL. (I need to get deviders for the tanks)

All 4 of them are within view of my betta boy and he doesn't know what to think LOL, he hasn't seen another betta in so long (other than flairing at the NovAqua bottle LOL). I feel somewhat surrounded LOL, oddly when it's fish, I don't mind being surrounded LOL.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Update on Holes...

Did a wc and added some MelaFix the other day, he's eating now, but I think he refused to eat because of the stress... but, he has a much larger tear in his tail now, so I'm a little worried about him. I have decided to keep him and baby him. He seems to like my other betta, Brilla, they look a little alike and he doesn't flair at him, but tries to swim by his side and mimic him when he swims past him. Holes swims with his tail limp and twisted behind him 90% of the time, I feel bad for the poor little guy... Is there anything else I should be doing to help him? Is MelaFix the best treatment? There is no fungus or anything, I can't figure out what could be the cause of this, maybe a parasite of some sort? It does kinda look like a leaf after a catapillar has munched on it...

Hummmmmmm....