Homemade gravel cleaner

Nov 3, 2005
New York
I made a gravel cleaner, Only Cost $3 vs $8 at wal-mart, this homemade one has bigger tubing and picks up more. All parts bought from Home Depot. Here are some pics.
All together.jpg
Hole in pepsi cap.jpg
Fitting that goes into cap.jpg
Pepsi cap on fitting.jpg
Pepsi bottle for tube.jpg

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Looks good :) you might find that with a bigger hose more water gets taken out faster while you're cleaning than you want to...but hey if it works thats awesome.

Nov 3, 2005
New York
its self starting, push into gravel a few times and the water starts flowing, with pump they cost $25 or more, going to figure out how to make a pump for this one, works as is for now

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
And bigger is always better. ;) (I suppose as a mod I shouldn't say things like that... oh well...)

And yes, I was kidding about the Pepsi thing (as far as I know, Home Depot only carries Coke products, Lowe's on the other hand does carry Pepsi), and your creation is certainly innovative.

Where in the great state of NY are you from?

~JW

Nov 3, 2005
New York
Im from Massena, its upstate ny
JWright said:
And bigger is always better. ;) (I suppose as a mod I shouldn't say things like that... oh well...)

And yes, I was kidding about the Pepsi thing (as far as I know, Home Depot only carries Coke products, Lowe's on the other hand does carry Pepsi), and your creation is certainly innovative.

Where in the great state of NY are you from?

~JW