honey dwarf gourami HELP!!! possible finrot/fungus

breebrry

Small Fish
Jul 3, 2009
a town in PA
www.facebook.com
i brought him home from the pet shop (aquarium specialty shop in my town) anyway he seemed fine for a day or so... then i noticed his "feelers" were gone.. i can't seem to remember if he had them to begin with.. i assume so.. but.. either way..

they are gone.. leaving little stumps up by his torso that are fuzzy looking.. from there the fins are like hairs.. you can see 2 individual "hairs" coming off of this furry stump...

I put him in a 10g "hospital tank" with lifeguard and have been watching him.. his actions seem normal..but the fuzzy is spreading along those fins.. is it possible that this maybe him growing those feelers back or something.. i have tried googling this but alas.. no help.. any input would be awesome.. i will try for a pic.. but highly doubt it..

AndiH

Large Fish
Sep 17, 2009
The Iron Range of Minnesota
Fuzzy just makes me think of an infection, either fungal or bacterial. I'd try some melafix in the water, but only at half the recommended dosage. labyrinth fish can have issues with full dosage - I lost a betta to it then found out a few days later :(