How big of a tank should i get :confused:

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
It depends on what you want to keep, but I'll assume you're not quite sure or it may change in the future. I love the 18" deep tanks (front to back). The 58g, along with a 75g, 100g, etc. are my favorites. The 58g really isn't that expensive if you can find a dealer that will sell one to you without marking it up beyond book value (MSRP). A common brand is about $100.

If this is not in the cards, their are many others that may suit you. Visit Aqueon » Products » Aquariums and browse around for a dimension you would like. A larger footprint is generally better than height.

Thank you all for your replies i have not log on in a while due to my computer crashing and burning lol but i will be back on sill haven't made up my mind. Although my step-father got a 29gal aquarium with 2 fancy gold fish and "3 regular gold fish??" not too sure but i will take all of your guys into consideration thank you very much.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
Dont put numerous goldfish into anything smaller than a 55. itll save you some deaths and sick fish in the longrun.

Try to get something around a 40 gallon, with larger tanks being good too. Check craigslist as well.

Stillness

Medium Fish
Feb 21, 2009
The bigger the better. it's where budget constraints come in that you have problems. Also keep in mind that the tank is only a small portion of the cost. Filters, filter media, chemicals, other equipment, and decór. But the bigger the better.

sheamurai

Small Fish
Jul 1, 2009
Measure the space you have, and put the biggest tank you can in it.
Its easier to look after, gives you way more options for fish, and like previously said, will save you a few tank upgrades when you outgrow the small ones you started with.
Craigslist, Kijiji. eBay - local forum buy/sells - all have good deals to fit the fish budget...