How do I determine what type of Pleco I have?

I have had Sir Skueebles (pronounced Squee-bells) for a little while now, and it's driving me crazy that I can't find what type he is!! I look through the lists they have of plecos on here, but none of them looked much like him.. He was the only one they had in the big tanks that had almost dalmation looking spots all over him, well, he's brown with white spots, but you get the idea. Does anyone know if they could tell me about his type of point me to a bigger list so I know what I am looking for?

I would take a picture, but I have no batteries in my actual camera, and my phone is old and doesnt have a camera on it HAHA. >< I can try and upload a picture asap, I thought he was gorgeous.
My first one was just blah. He was brown and like 6 cm... though... I do want to know if it is bad for him to eat goldfish pebbles... (he was eating them for a few days)

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Shouldn't be bad for him to eat goldfish pebbles (pellets). The common pleco I had scavenged the brine shrimp and flakes my female bettas didn't eat off the bottom of the tank when I had him (NEVER getting a common pleco AGAIN! Too much waste for the amount of clean-up they do). Just be sure you're supplementing him with algae wafers if you don't have any algae in your tank.

Check out planetcatfish.com. They have a great list and lots of pics.

AGREED! If you can believe it, the pet stores here have TERRIBLE quality fish and fish care compared to our Wal-mart. It makes me a little sad haha. And it's similar, but Skuee's spots are closer together haha he's a weird one alright!

Well, why I'm worried about it is because he was still so small and I don't know if that's okay on their body's lol I worry too much..

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
and one of those in my area runs around $75...so congrats on that one!

apparently I can get bristlenosed plecos from the nearest petsmart for like $4.99 now, albinos for only $5.49. Yeah..I might actually bite the bullet and get fish there when i set up my tank.

wananwu

Small Fish
Feb 6, 2010
if you go to wikipedia and search "L-number" it will bring up a whole list of more plecos then i can imagine. click on the separate link and get its picture.

ps have you looked at the vampire pleco?

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
lol, a Vampire pleco looks almost identical to the starry night so you might have either of them.

I cannot narrow my favorite fish to just one. I like Swordtails, Bettas, and Goldfish the most!

I've had balla sharks before, well, when I was like... 5? My mom wanted to get me and my brother a present for some reason or another... and well... she didn't brush up on her Balla Shark 101 and they all took suicidal leaps of faith to the floor where my cat Sebastian enjoyed terrorizing them ><. That ended the balla shark reign lol