How Do I.....

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
I bought a "tank cleaner" it's essentially a sponge on a stick, it has two surfaces one is soft (for acrylic) the other is a little more rough (for glass) I use just the soft side on all my tanks both glass and acrylic....It works fantastic and my hands stay dry :) I think it cost me $5 at PetSmart.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
FishGeek said:
Alright so the sponge scrubbers for acrylic dont scratch? Cool. I didnt realize there were different ones. LOL
The one I bought said right on the label "for use in acrylic aquariums" I would make sure the one you buy says something similar :)

Toam

Large Fish
Jul 27, 2005
Grove, Oklahoma
I bought one of those sponges for the kitchen, with that slightly more abrasive sponge side. I boiled the snot out of it, and have used it ever since, works awesome for me.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
I used a credit card on a small acrylic tank, and it did scratch it a little bit. Definitely get something that says "for acrylic tanks" on it. For general cleaning (I don't know if it would work on coraline) I use something called Quik Wipes by Coralife. They're awesome for cleaning tanks, and you can rinse or wash and reuse them.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Thanks Everyone. Yo know I went out last night to lok and possibly get something. I had my dogs with me (yes both of them) and I got totally sidetracked a left with $37 in stuff but nothing that I went there for. **sigh**