How many Glofish in a 10 gallon tank with a snail?

Dec 1, 2014
So my mother bought a 10 gallon fish tank a few months back. We quickly bought 4 glofish and a snail my son named them after characters from his fav tv show. Problem is he wants another glofish, I know typically glofish can grow to about 2in so in theory we could have 5. However we have the snail and I'm wondering if that means we can't have anymore. Please help me I know he would be thrilled for "Teacher Sussie" to join her students. And before you ask I have no clue what kind of snail Turbo is (yes I know original) and my tablet isn't letting me upload the picture. He is white and bigger then the fish. thanks!

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
If you're planning the glofish and the snail only, you should be fine with another pair of glofish (6 is a good number for a school). Generally inverts like snails and shrimp don't contribute much towards bioload.

Ramani

New Fish
Dec 30, 2014
Abu Dhabi
I have a 10G and 5 Glofishes and 3 Guppies and a couple of Platies. B4 I am bombarded for cruelty of overcrowding, I'd want to clarify that I am gonna shift my Guppies to another tank. But, I find they all co-exist and are happy together since 10 days.