how much should this cost?

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
75g tank with stand, glass top
2 years old
has 2 HOB filters...guy didnt seem to know anything about equipment much.
1 powerhead, dont know how big or what kind
seaclone skimmer
lol...i almost laughed when he answered this; he has 4-5 big pieces of live rock
just a flourescent strip light...
no test kits come with it, no syphon...i dont know if a wc has ever been done. 0.0
fish: blue-headed wrasse, 2 damsels, a niger trigger, and small snowflake eel.
so i am guessing a predatory tank.

how much would you say this tank is worth? they guy said name a price and ill think about it but i would have to talk to my dad about it. i would probably give the fish up for store credit

Last edited:

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
200 or 250 should be good. Have you seen the tank? Most of the time u can tell how much it cost by the direct condition of the tank.

lol you would need to upgrade the skimmer.

Fuzz u already have a lot of tanks already....

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
whats wrong with having a lot of tanks coolwaters? if i can afford them and have time for them i dont see the problem. besides...2, possibly 3 tanks will be shut down for the 75g

and ya i probably would need to upgrade a lot of things, but for that much money+store credit i could try to get i think i would be ok

CoolWaters said:
200 or 250 should be good. Have you seen the tank? Most of the time u can tell how much it cost by the direct condition of the tank.

lol you would need to upgrade the skimmer.

Fuzz u already have a lot of tanks already....
i had like 12 tanks running at one time... so? oh noes... im not smart enough to keep those all at once oh my!!!

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
im just jealous that your parents lets you have so many tanks....im barely getting by with the 10g...:mad:

but in the future im planning to get a 1,000g+ tank XD
i'll probably be like 40 years old...(how does 2" of bullet proof glass sound? :D )

they got crazy on me when i build my 3g acrylic tank...

which i have to upload pics of it :)

btw where are you keeping all of the tanks living room???

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
lol
my 75g and 55g and 10g are in the basement where i spend most of my life playing pool, watching tv, or on computer. my dads 55g and 30g is upstairs, then my 12g is in my room.

and...im not that lucky. i pay EVERYTHING for my tanks. even the raise in cost for electricity.

and i talked to my dad about the 75g and he doesnt want it...so i cant have it. he said that wed have to put too much money into it...duh...and its not the size he wants. i mean hell...its not that bad of a deal IMO. but whatever...we might pick up a 40g sunday. who knows.