how much u think its worth???

Hmm... just a guesstimate... Walmart sells the 55G tank kit for $100 and the 55G stand for $80... So that's $180 for a complete set up at Walmart. That's for an OK stand and I think all the extras are Whisper... So used, maybe $125? You can try E-bay and see what they sell for there. :) They sell tons of setups there.

derajer

Large Fish
Mar 16, 2005
Ankeny, Iowa
Personally I wouldn't pay over a hundred bucks for a used set. Whisper stuff is OK, but in the long run that's just not good enough for a 55 and you'll have to replace the filter, lights if you want plants, etc....

discus4everGrl

Superstar Fish
May 24, 2005
Chesapeake, Va
Well depends...

What is the stand made out of,

those press board stands aren't worth much IMO
wrought iron is a better bet, except no storage, but sturdy and now water logging
a hard wood stand, like oak with storage is good also

Has the lighting been upgraded, or is it standard
can the hood hold flourescent bulbs that can be changed to something else or is it incadescent bulbs...the are fairly useless, but alot of the cheap set ups have them

IMO, I would say that if it's in superb condition that 1/2 of what you paid is about as high as what I would pay for a freshwater set up used.

Mar 25, 2005
thank you all for you replys, the setup is failry new it has florestent lights that can be changed, and its a black iron stand that can hold two tanks one on top and one on bottom, and i had a typo its two whisper 30-60 power filters. BUt again thank you all for your replys.