How old is your Betta?

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
:) I have had Fernando for about 3 years now and he is still going strong! How old is your Betta?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I got him in December of 03...so thats what two and a half years that I've had him, plus how old are they by the time they're for sale at a pet store?

tessalion

Large Fish
Jun 4, 2006
PA
Sir Cei's only a couple of weeks old (well plus however old he was when i got him). He's going to have a brother soon! Now to just decide who gets the bigger tank...

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
BettaLove said:
:) I have had Fernando for about 3 years now and he is still going strong! How old is your Betta?

Hey bettalove,great to see you! You dont seem to be round as often.............anyhow Llyr,i have only had a few weeks but he is a good size so I am going to say he is a year old,just cause I can!:cool:

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
I got my first betta only a few months ago, but he is doing well at work on the desk. I give him a little mirror to terrorize for about an hour a day.

I'm also betta-sitting for a co-worjer who is on a 3 week vacation. I'm hoping to really fatten up his betta while he's away because it really looked sickly when I got him 2 weeks ago.

I'm glad to hear that folks have had bettas for years. People at work tell me horror stories about theirs lasting for only a few months.

BettaLove

Large Fish
Jan 19, 2006
Stevie said:
Hey bettalove,great to see you! You dont seem to be round as often.............anyhow Llyr,i have only had a few weeks but he is a good size so I am going to say he is a year old,just cause I can!:cool:
Hey you! I have been busy, you know, blah, blah, blah! Glad to hear your Betta is doing well. I will be on here a little more often:)

britnewt3

Small Fish
Jul 19, 2006
We'll the first betta I had Was 2 years almost 3 when I got him a bigger bowl and we put a plant in it. The guy at lowes said he could tell us how to put the plant in the tank properly so we dont posion him. We'll the guy was wrong the next day it was dead. about 3 years later I got another one. He lived till about 1 year and 8 months then died because of dropsy. And my little brother got a betta. He was in a small bowl so I asked him if I could put him into my 20 gal. Where my previous betta lived. Well he has been living for about... 3 years in april.

ninamarie

Superstar Fish
Jan 4, 2006
Kalifornia, Silicon Valley
Flipper is about a year old I will say. i will look into getting another desk guest for him(female( and maybe he will make some more BBL nests. I miss those alot. My two Bettas at home make little rows of bubbles.
thos guys are about 1 1/2 old, I go them in Dec.

Stevie

Large Fish
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny Ireland.
BettaLove said:
Hey you! I have been busy, you know, blah, blah, blah! Glad to hear your Betta is doing well. I will be on here a little more often:)

Great to hear it! Llyr is doing great! I had to put fake plants in his bowl as the real ones kept dying!*SICK*

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
I've had Frank the Betta for a year and 2mths now. I had Billy the Betta for a year but gave him to my co-worker a couple weeks ago because he just wasn't happy sharing a tank.