How to drip acclimate???

epond83

Large Fish
Mar 11, 2007
Ok so i've read it's a good thing and i under stand water slowly drips into the bag... put how would one go about setting this up?

Thanks for the help

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
You can do it with some airline hose with a clamp of some kind on it (to restrict flow) and then get a siphon from the tank into the bag or a container with the fish and fish store water.

I usually acclimate with a turkey baster. I put a baster full of tank water into the fish bag every 15 minutes for an hour, then net the fish out and put it in the tank.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I open up the fish bag and tuck it into the fish tank hood so that the bag is "floating" in the water. This helps make the water in the fish bag the same temperature as the fish tank. Next, every 15 mins or so I take a turkey baster of water out of the fish bag and throw it out (DON'T PUT IT IN THE TANK!), then put a turkey baster full of tank water into the bag. The goal is to slowly replace the fish bag water with tank water so that when you net out the new fish and add it to your tank, it won't be as much of a shock. This is especially important for large PH changes.