How to setup wallpaper

Jan 13, 2006
I am a first time fishtank owner so I have alot of questions. My first one is how do you place in the wallpaper in the fishtank?

Viciente

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
prettypleco said:
Those little Velcro squares work great too. You just pull it off when you want to clean the back of the tank and then reapply.
That's a friggin' great idea... I never would have though of that.

I know what I'm doin' on my next tank. :)

Cheers on the good idea! *celebrate

Qrystal

Small Fish
Jan 25, 2006
Southern Ontario, Canada
cybersymes said:
i get condensation between my glass and the backing...
velcro will be just the ticket... :)
I find the condensation helps the backing adhere better to the glass, making it more visible from the frontside. I suppose that might encourage mildew or something, but I'll see when my newbieness wears off a bit. I may end up needing to change the backing every so often, but that actually sounds like fun -- what an easy way to change the look of a tank, don't even need to get wet hands!! ;)

I also found that the backing was able to be cut to exactly the right size to have the top and bottom edges slip underneath the trim around the top and bottom of the tank, and I just needed a bit of tape on the left and right to prevent curling. Of course, I've got a cheapo tank whose trim is black plastic, so maybe that wouldn't work for most people.

Jan 5, 2006
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I got my Sticky Screen background today. Oh WOw!! Excellent thing it is. My husband and I put it up in not time at all...it was easy to cut to the size of the tank. No tape, no velcro, just water and a credit card to smooth out the bubbles! I won't use anything else on any of my tanks again. So cool!