how to tell if my guppy is doing ok?

boblee

Small Fish
Nov 27, 2005
Hi,

I just bought a guppy for my new tank....just wondering how to tell if he's doing well or not....

Thanks a bunch.

boblee

Small Fish
Nov 27, 2005
yea...he's swimming quite a bit....
but he kinda gives me the feeling that he's scared...cuz he keeps swimming in the back portion of the tank....my tank is 5.5 gal.

boblee

Small Fish
Nov 27, 2005
er...well...I did hear about that cycling process...but the person at the fish shop told me to put those BIO-support (bateria) in and conditioner in the tank for a week and then get the fish (which is today)..then change 20% water every 2 weeks...is this ok??

I heard about fishless cycle....it takes quite a while..and my annoying brother keeps bugging me about having nothing to see in the tank......

I also heard that I can cycle with fish....can you give me some details on the process?? This'll help me a bunch...thanks in advance.

love_fish

Large Fish
Sep 25, 2005
New York, US
boblee said:
er...well...I did hear about that cycling process...but the person at the fish shop told me to put those BIO-support (bateria) in and conditioner in the tank for a week and then get the fish (which is today)..then change 20% water every 2 weeks...is this ok??

I heard about fishless cycle....it takes quite a while..and my annoying brother keeps bugging me about having nothing to see in the tank......

I also heard that I can cycle with fish....can you give me some details on the process?? This'll help me a bunch...thanks in advance.
If he sold you Bio Spira, you really dont need to worry about the cycling process. Cycling with fish, you really dont have to do anything, except do a bunch of water changes to keep your ammonia and nitrite low, porbably daily 10 - 15% water changes. Otherwise your fish may die. That's why cycling without fish is better. No fish are harmed, it's quicker, and it requires less work.