Howdy from the top of Texas

Aug 11, 2006
Amarillo,Texas
Hello all, I'm Les I've been into keeping fish for 30yrs and have had tanks stedy for the last 22yrs. I've kept a wide range of differnt spice over the yrs mainly live berriers. Then around 7yrs ago I got into cichlids, There I've stayed. Around that sametime i found my frist crowntail betta. Never seeing one before and I had been keeping vialtails and breeding them off and on for a while. I desided to get one and have a go at breding him.
So that was awhile back and I had found another new fish I hadn't ever heard of the Apistogrammas. So I had to have one of those and now I've went over broad with my abustion. I went heads frist into a hatchery about 3yrs ago and have been breeding and raising Apistogrammas full time for 3yrs now and bettas from vail tail to Dragons to HMs {half moons } So that brings me to today.
I now have 25tanks from 120g to 2.5g.
120g lightly planted
75g x 2 heavily planted
55g x 1 lighly planted
20g x 9 lighly to heavly planted
10g x 5 lightly planted to very heavly planted
5.5g x 2 a couple of plants
10gx 5 fry tanks
8 40g rubermaid growout tanks
15 x 2.5 betta tank
Spices in breding program
Apistogramm Cockato gold, cockto triple reds, cockato double reds
Apistogramma Njissi
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma agssizi red tail,yellow ,blue
Apistogramma curzi/pebes
german blue rams
kribs
BN brown plecos
Common plecos
Bettas in breding program
betta vail tail x 7 { I'm also breding my own line of super tail 4.5inches long 5ys into this program}
betta crown tail x 5
betta delta tail x 4
betta double tail x 4
betta butterfly x 3
betta half moon delts x 2
betta halfmoon x 2
betta halfmoon plakat x 1
betta halfmoon dragon x 2
two new menbers of the betta family to be here 08-13-06 Thrusday is red voilet dragon pr. and my new show betta a super black halfmoon, truest me pictures to come when they do get here.
So theres a little about me and my set-ups, I hope to be of help to anybody looking to get into breding any of these spices or jut wanting some for there tank.

Milo

Large Fish
Jun 29, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
Wow Welcome to MFT!!!

Look at those fish, they are breathtaking! Nice setup aswell. Its great to have you here on the board, with 30 years experience you'll be able to help me with my cichlid problems :)

Welcome

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
Hi Les and welcome to the 'tank! Nice apistos you have there! I was going to ask if you have any good LFS's up there, but maybe I should just stop by your house instead! :D Apistos are impossible to find here in Lubbock, and I'd rather have a local breeder to chat with than the LFS.

Again, welcome aboard!

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
(Chanting) More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics! More pics!

Aug 11, 2006
Amarillo,Texas
Thanks guys and gals, I've been in the hospital for the last 12 days. I'm back now and doing tons better then when I checked in. LOL Anyway I have tons of pictures of my Apistos. Also my plecos and a few other spices. I'm starting to set up HM { half moon bettas} and OHM, crown tails, Vail tails. OK I'lll look and get some more ready to post. Tomorrow

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
WOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOW im jelous X 99999999999999999999999

seriously, welcome to the tank, and i hope that u are one of those people who actually STAY and not just join for a week and then leave, PLEASE STAY!!!!
PS: more pics :D :D :D :D