Howdy

Mar 30, 2005
Hello everyone...my name is Mike. I'm a senior biology major at the *cough* "esteemed" Clarion University of Pennsylvania. And I am a fish nut. I have two tanks right now set up in my apartment. One is a 10 gallon planted tank with a Golden Wonder Killifish, Kuhlii Loach and a few ottos. My Second tank is a 29 gallon with a schoal of Tiger Barbs, Black Skirt Tetras, a Kribensis and a Pictus Catfish. This summer I will be an intern at the aquarium in the Pittsburgh Zoo....and I can't wait! I look forward to reading all of your great advice to help me be a better keeper of the fish.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
welcome!!

interning at an aquarium will be the best time you've ever had.

i interned for over a year at the SC Aquarium back in my day... you learn SOOOO much, and it will look SO good on your resume!!! it will help with your fish taxonomy (try to learn as many scientific names as you can) and a word of advice: try to help out in all the other areas (i worked in the deep ocean gallery and i'm kicking myself that i didn't try to branch out in the FW and salt marsh exhibits just to learn more) :)

kagal

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
SW PA
hey there mike,

If you are really interested I belong to the greater pittsburg aquarium society. while you are doing your internship maybe you could come visit us at our meetings. always looking for new poeple to come and see us. keep in touch maybe we can hook up when u get into the area.

the guys at the zoo are awesome. they have a time aug or sept. when we have our monthly meeting there and they take us behind the scenes and show us the tanks filtration and alot of really neat stuff. the only place we were not allowed to go into was the acclimation/hosptial tank rooms. but we could look in a window from outside to see the room. should be an awesome experience for ya there bro