Hydor Koralia Powerheads

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I just added two of the koralia 4 pumps to my 75g. These things push a huge amount of water, rated at 1200 gph......amazing. Has anyone tried these on a wavemaker?

May 6, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
No experience with them. Just make sure they are compatible with a wavemaker as some manufacturers specifically state not to use their products with wavemakers. Let me know how you like them, I really like the magnet retention setup.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I was going to order some maxijet mod kits which will up the output of a 1200 maxijet to 2400....but the cost was the same as getting the koralias....and the Koralias use less power and pivot on the magnet....nice touch.

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
alot of members from my local reef club are using them and i havnt heard any complaints.... i plan on upgrading to them right after the halides in about a month or 2 ;)

TheFool

Large Fish
Apr 19, 2006
They've already been recalled once...... hydor products are quite nice but not top of the line.
The reason not to put these on a wavemaker is that the hole is large enoguh for small fish like blennies to go and sit inside. Propellor goes on, and it's seafood surprise! It happens, believe me, even with trad powerheads, but it is even more likely withthese big bore pumps.