I am Lotus

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
Hello everyone.

I am fairly new to fish, but my boyfriend isn't. We recently had a huge Chiclid (like 12 inches) that finally died. All that was left in the tank was a huge (like 10 inches) common pl*co.

So, we built a community tank. It's a 65 gallon tank, and we have been slowly adding fish. We are also trying to have a few plants, although someone seems to be eating them (oh well, if it makes them happy*GOLDFISH*).

Right now we are waiting for a swordtail to give birth (I swear she looks ready to pop any second).

Great to be a member of the forum *BOUNCINGS

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
The chiclid died of hexamita. It had a bout that was cured, but it came back.

It was my boyfriend's fish, and I have to admit I never really liked it. It was big, old, ugly and mean. He actually said it was bigger than 12". So I was probably hoping it would die, although he liked it.

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
I guess I should jump in and say hi too since I am the boyfriend Lotus is refering to. And yes she wanted my Oscar to die. He was about 16 inches long and really looked ragged after being taken care of by someone else. I managed to keep him alive much longer than I expected considering his skin damage, but he finally went to the big fishtank in the sky....I don't think Lotus cried as her first response was..Can we get pretty fish now :)