i am new and lost

can you help me???

• what kind of fish can survive in a 2.5 gallon tank (no gold fish please)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • How many fish can i have in a 2.5 gallon tank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 23, 2004
illinois usa
Visit site
arial small Hi i am a goldfish keeper after my last goldfish died a week ago (i had it for 10 years). I have decited that I would like to have differant types of fish in my tank. Now i need to know which kind of fish will survive in a 2.5 gallon tank and how many i can have in it. I NEED MY FISH TANK I CAN NOT SLEEP WITHOUT MY FISH TANK. I would like to see differant types of fish and differant colored fish in the tank can someone help me

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
2.5 isn't very big...if you dont want to get a betta, you could try some other interesting critters. You could get a big mystery snail (they're very interesting to watch) some freshwater shrimp, a little adf (african dwarf frog)

Why dont you look through the profiles section of the site, www.myfishtank.net/freshwaterprofiles.php and see if anything strikes your fancy...and/or go to some local fish stores/petstores and see what types of fish they have.

Welcome to MFT!

mariners

Large Fish
Aug 31, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
"I NEED MY FISH TANK I CAN NOT SLEEP WITHOUT MY FISH TANK" lol you've come to the right place!

how about 2 guppies in there? but like flex said, i could imagine 2.5 being a lot of work

welcome to the tank

revfred

Superstar Fish
Jun 21, 2003
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
"i am new and lost " :cool:

That's OK ... I'm old and lost ... you get use to it.

But as to your 2.5G tank ... all of the suggestions are good. You can keep a couple of small catfish with the betta as well. If you choose guppies ... make sure they are all males .... they will be colorful and you won't have overcrowding when they have babies (fry). Welcome to "The Tank"