i cant keep my lion alive!

Aug 14, 2004
i have had 2 approx. 2 inch long lions(excluding fins) and they cant stay alive. the first one i had kept seperate from the 2 other groupers and an eel. 7 months later he jumped over after and was fine for about 1 month. then one day i look in there and all thats left is fin bits spread over the aquarium. the eel eventually died about 2 weeks after that. the second one was seperate for about 1 month and was then swimming with 2 groupers and a hamlet. i month later the hamlet ate him. i was wondering if i simply cannot keep lions in with the larger fish.
kristen

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
well...i dont have any experience with lions or other large aggresive SW fish, but if the lions are being killed/eaten by the other fish I think that would be a good indication that they cannot be kept together

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I think the big grouper ate them. You should watch out for the little grouper because he may be next! Also your eel death was probably unrelated to the lions disapearance.

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Assuming they're not dead anyway, and the hamlet is just cleaning up. I've always though of lions as being pretty tough enviromentally, though plenty of things will kill them, especially if they're hungry.
Basics.
How big, what sorts of lions, groupers - are these groupers going to get one foot, 2 foot, what?
What size tank?
How often are you feeding them? What