Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Undercrowded

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
My brother keeps bothering me about my tank saying to me its overcrowded :mad: . The only way he would shut up is if I started this thread. I understand that my fish will need to get to a bigger tank in the future, but this is only for right now. Is my tank overcrowded or not right now?

It will get crowded soon, but should be ok right now. It's a dangerous game you're playing though. Just make sure that you really do upgrade that tank soon.

Also, don't Elephant's like to hang out in groups? I've always seen them packed together in a pretty tight school (even touching each other) - even at feeding time.
Are you going to move everything from one tank to the other, or just some fish? If just some fish then maybe you can just move the Elephant and Angels and then get the elephant 2 or 3 friends.
The pregnant guppy isn't a concern. Everything in that tank will goble up those fry.

Aug 21, 2005
GoldLenny said:
I concur with Iggy in Post #7. You should stock your tank for what the fish are supposed to grow to be.. not what they are now. Unless it is only a temporary tank for a short time period while you are setting up and cycling a larger tank.
I agree also. A lot of people don't realize keeping fish in a small tank that they will outgrow can actually affect their health and natural growth. I remember a guy doing a test one time on two of the same type of fish (I can't recall what kind). He put one in a tank it would outgrow, and the other in a tank it could be in for its entire life. After only months, the one in the big tank had grown significantly more than the one in the smaller tank. I believe he also had the one in the small tank die prematurely.

Zman16

Large Fish
Aug 1, 2005
Pennsylvannia
:( Just so every one knowe my elephant nose just died yesterday and I feel horrible that it did, because I knew the tank was too small. He was my favorite fish and I almost fainted when I saw him dead :( . I was wrong just so everyone knows, about keeping him in a 29 gallon.