I could REALLY use some help plz

Plee_cO

Large Fish
Nov 5, 2006
Daytona Beach, FL
Ok well i dont come on here often but i need some help.
In my oscar tank i just(5 minutes ago) put in some new rocks. I found these rocks myself at the inlet down the road and basically pressure washed them plus they were dry after the cleaning for about 2 days, so im positive these things didnt come from the rocks. I disturbed the gravel quite a bit when i put the rocks in and now there are white worms about a 16th of an inch long at maximum. i would really like to know what they are and how to get rid of them. after i disturbed the gravel i just started to see them all over my glas and they are ugly so i want them gone. WILL THEY KILL MY FISH. its a pretty well established tank thats about ten months old.

SAE

Small Fish
Apr 14, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
It sounds like they're the little harmless critters that show up often as a result of overfeeding or uneaten food. Given that it's an oscar tank, I can certainly see that being the culprit.
Do some gravel vacuuming, waterchanges and keep an eye on feeding and you'll probably see their numbers diminish.

Plee_cO

Large Fish
Nov 5, 2006
Daytona Beach, FL
actually your probably right
i just bought a new kind of food and a lot of it sinks
so he probably just isnt eating all of it
thank you
i feel stupid now
i read about that happening a while ago lol

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I agree, cut way back on the food and do a good gravel cleaning. However, make sure you test those rocks with vinegar to make sure they won't screw around with your PH.