I found 2 tanks, Your thoughts:

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
That 180 semi circle sounds interesting (unfortunately I can't view the pics here at work) You need to be careful to get something that you will be able to aquascape nicely and the semi may provide a challenge

Jun 29, 2008
PA
Looks pretty cool. I like the long 200g for swimming distances for the fish. GRANTED I have seen HUGE Cylinders with great fish inside and those are very cool too.

I think ultimately price, dimensions and other materials included are relevant.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The 200g

For those of you who cant see the pictures, the 200g is 6ft long and is kinda tall, I wanted some other thoughts as to, if its to tall? I read in my fish book that you dont really want to tall of a tank. I want some opinions so give them to me. Thanks *SUNSMILE*

Jun 29, 2008
PA
what do you mean by 'kinda tall'? I guess you could use a step-ladder if you're not tall enough to get over the top of tank. I like being able to reach over and touch the bottom of the tank so I can SLOWLY lower heavy items like sand and live rock into it (without having to drop it in). Being able to access all parts of the tank is also very convenient when trying to mount powerheads and do future aquascapping.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
Not sure what the dimensions are on the 200, but it shouldn't be a problem to light given enough metal halides. It wouldn't be cheap, but probably not really any more expensive than the other tank. If you are worried about oxygenation, it should be a non-issue as well. Just keep good surface agitation.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The guy who has the tanks is going to send me the tank measurements today and I will post them. Do me a favor, check this post this evening, I really want your opinions. Dont want to mess up and get the wrong tank, this will be the only one the wife will let me get,lol. He is getting a new, used tank in Friday, its the kind of tank I want, but its only 150g not the 200g I want. Its just he wants about $400.00 more then I want to pay,lol. I have a picture of the tank I am worried about but I cant seem to post it, the only thing I can think of is that you must have to do something special to post pics in this forum.

Dec 28, 2008
Okayama, Japan
A lot depends on how you plan on using the tank. If you are going to have SPS corals, a deep tank will necessitate powerful lighting. The reduced surface area of a half circle means less aeration and evaporation which may require greater agitation or even a chiller. Have you asked the owner why he wants to part with it?

Of course, if it is the tank you want, go for it as you can make it work if you are determined enough.