I got a starfish

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
they are pretty easy, and will take most any kind of meaty fare...if you get bored with it and want to see something cool get a harlequin shrimp and watch the shrimp eat the star fish...morbid but uber cool

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
aresgod said:
if you get bored with it and want to see something cool get a harlequin shrimp and watch the shrimp eat the star fish...morbid but uber cool
lol interesting idea ahah.

on a side note wouldn cc starfish give the clue for its name rather than cs starfish?

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
ConvictMan05 said:
Ok i got a cs Starfish today now how exactly do i feed it i will post pictures of it soon it was 14.95

thanks

Here is some info I pulled of a web page for you;

"Chocolate Chip Sea Stars can do well in temperatures between 72 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit (23 to 26 degrees Celsius). The pH value should remain between 8.3 and 8.4, and the specific gravity should remain between 1.023 and 1.025. Changes in specific gravity can have adverse effects on Chocolate Chip Stars. Chocolate Chip Stars may eat other invertebrates, including soft corals, clams, and snails kept in the aquarium with them. Certain large crabs, lobsters, Trigger Fish, Angel Fish, and Puffer Fish might harass a Chocolate Chip Star. Some aquarists use a feeding stick to offer shrimp, clams, mussels, or krill once or twice each week. The stick is used to place the food where the Chocolate Chip Star can access it. When selecting a specimen to purchase, look for an individual that is not injured. If the Chocolate Chip Star is turned over, it should be able to right itself. If it cannot, it may be weak and should not be purchased."

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Use a feeding stick and place the food very near the seastar and it should then grab on to it in time...If you have any shrimp in the tank or other faster moving inhabitans feed them first as they may try to snatch the food away before the seastar gets a chance to get it.