I GOT MY NEW LIGHTING!

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Alright i know i said i would get it for my Birthday but i bought it from my mom so know i got my new lights all set up and it looks really crazy it's ancient blue or whatever but at less now i can get corals :D so next time i'm out...Sunday i'll probbly get some type of coral i cant wait *celebrate

i'll try to take some pic's later of it maybe even a short video *SUPERSMIL

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
For a 20 I think you have a lot of options. I'm not too versed in corals yet, but i'll try. Soft corals, like LPS, polyps, and mushrooms should be fine. I think you should be ok with some SPS corals, but I'm not too sure. Right now I have a LPS(bubble), mushroom(hairy and some other type), xenia( it's coming around I think ) and a button polyp of some type. They seem to be doing quite well and I only have 120 watts of NO in a 55. I prefer getting smaller frags that are cheaper than getting more expensive larger sets.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
well first off, LPS are not soft corals, they are hard corals, and you would be fine with a Euphyllia, but I would recommend that you start with some softies like leathers or shrooms, I would stay away from SPS this early in the game, some are down right difficult and your tank is still very young, even if it has cycled, go with something cheap and easy to start with.

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
Cool by shrooms you mean mushrooms right? and i really like those finger leathers and stuff but i also made a spot in my tank to fill with mushrooms if o could other wize i was going to get more LR and corals on it but would a white bubble coral be ok,
Well thx Joe and ares

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I would think so just watch other coral placement. They have little sweeper tenticles that can sting nearby corals. I personally like hairy mushrooms. They are known to grow quite fast. Mine has been growing pretty good. I have one tiny frag of a red mushroom, not sure what it is but it is getting bigger and bigger.