I got new Fish

Feb 1, 2007
Hi everyone. Just looking for any suggestions or opinions on my latest additions to my tank.
I have just added a Red Tailed (rainbow) Shark and 2 Phantom Tetras to my 25 Gallon tank. So now I have the following fish
4 Platies
2 Phantom Tetras
1 Red Tailed Shark.

I have being fortunate enough not to lose any fish during the cycling as I only have the tank about 6 - 7 weeks.

Has anyone any suggestions or opinions on what I am after doing. I don't want problems between my fish.
Also will my Red Tailed Shark grow too big for my tank - girl in shop said he might grow to about 2.5 inches - is this true?

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
Hey Littlejack, How's that new tank doing? Had the platies 'bout 2 1/2 weeks right? You said the tank is 6-7 weeks.....what did you have in there before the platies?

Feb 1, 2007
Hey Laura.
I've had platies about 3 weeks and before that i had nothing - i was letting tank cycle. Everything has been going great - no deaths and platies seem happy.
I just added the rainbow shark and 2 phantom tetras on saturday. They seem fine but now i'm thinking the shark will become too big for my tank.
What do you think?

lauraj

Large Fish
Jan 7, 2007
I didn't know anything about rainbow sharks so I read up on them on fishlore.com. Apparently they can get to 6 inches. Good you only got one since they will fight with another rainbow shark. They can be territorial with small fish and will jump so a good tank lid needed. They are cool looking fish! I'm hoping it works for you in your tank. Don't have any experience though....hopefully someone else that does will help you out. Good luck.