I hate to say it but

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
Well I know some of you like to visit rc and I didnt want you to see it over there before hearing it here (as this is the true place for fish stuff :D)
Reef Central Online Community - 90 Gallon RR Complete Setup for Sale, Halides NJ
but yes I am going going to try and sell my tank for reasons outlined in the link.

I have been thinking about it alot and have been in denial but it hit me that I will not be able to care for this tank once I go to college. With football at college comming home will be near impossible from where I plan on being (hopefully ND which as you can tell eliminates effective trips home.) Thsi coupled with money issues (girlfriend and saltwater tank is an interesting thing lol, naw j/p) but seriously the money aspet may have been underestimated to say the least.

I love this hobby and continue to do so but the time and stress Im under eliminates alot of the joy that such an object brings. I will be keeping in touch throughout the process and after and may even setup a small tank in the future.

This isnt a good bye as I will still be around and looking at threads just minus the 90 (if and when I can find a seller)

Just wanted to let the salites here in on it and thought this would be a good idea.

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
That's a shame that you're having to sell it. I'm sure one day you'll have time once again to devote to a large tank. Of course, it's important that you make the most out of college and spend your time focusing on all that learning stuff, and come back to the hobby later. :)

Good to hear we'll still be seeing you around here. :D

Watch out for g/fs that ask you to give up hobbies. It's one thing if you freely give up something because you want to, another thing if they ask you to give up something that's your hobby and is harmless. Hopefully, you're giving this up willingly.

I see you already have a vulture circling over at RC :p

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
lol naw my girlfriend loves the tank and the fish and I have yet to tell her about me thinking of selling it yet. Im just hoping she doesnt yell at me for thinking of selling my clownfish (she loves the little fellas and so do I, there the reason I want to hold onto it ahah.)

And yea I love how I post it up and my first response is did i sell it yet and if im willing to part out a mere 5 minutes or so after posting haha.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
:( Well thanks for all the good advice and hope to still see you around here. Wish you the best of luck w/ college and hopefully you'll be able to set up another tank someday soon :)

Sep 26, 2006
New Jersey
dang that sucks... i wish i could buy it but i dont have that much money... but i'd like to buy some stuff if you dont get it sold like LR, pumps, skimmer pvc piping and overflow tell me if you start selling parts i might try and get a 55g for Christmas or something like that
just tell me if you start selling parts because i'd buy alot stuff probbly if it's cheap-ish well good luck!!

OCCFan023

Superstar Fish
Jul 29, 2004
New Jersey
yea thas what I was thinking. If I do a nano I want to house my clowns (I cant bear to see them go, Im already attached to them) but I hate moving them from the space of a 90 to a 20 (Id rather see them in a well established reef somwhere)

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
I know but if they are anything like my clowns they barely go more than about 10 inches from their host at any given time.........so swimming space requirements are not as crucial as it is for a tang....per se......