I Have A Debate With Myself...Need Help Please!

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I decided to go back to Live Plants in my 7G. As my sig says I got rid of the White Skirts that I had. And I am debating on wether I want to put a Betta or 2 Black Mollies, or even 2 or 3 Guppies into the tank. :confused: On Wednesday I am adding 1 more ADF. What do you think?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
well...I can't really rule out any of your options...except of course I wouldn't put a male and a female molly, or male/female guppies in that small of a tank. You'd be fine as long as you got all males or all females. Hmm...I think if it was my tank I'd get a betta. I think everyone needs a betta ;) Plus...I dont think bettas will bother whatever plants you want to get. I had guppies eat my duckweed and mollies like algae...but I dont think I've ever heard of either of them hurting plants though...

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Well I know that one of my plants is a Money Wart. As for the rest I havent identified them. I am planning on posting pics sometime this week to get help on that subject. I was thinking of doing all male guppies, or a Betta. I think that I have it narrowed down that far. ;) :p

svetlana

Large Fish
Feb 16, 2005
Gaithersburg, MD
home.uchicago.edu
Sounds like you do not want it.You have very few options. If you are getting bored easily, you need to reconfigure your tanks . One tank for breeders and another one for consumers of their product. Thus you'll get more flexibility. I am stuck myself - i have 2 smaller tanks that do not produce anything with very good and interesting fish and another tank which would be happy to consume any extra product that potentially i could provide in my space which is occupied by fish that does not produce anything.
I am so happy with cichlids which are handful, so that i would agree to get rid of all other fish I have and populate my 29g with nice platies and mollies. They will live jhappily and comply with their breeding programs while my ciclids will hone their hunting behavior on their babies. Sounds cruel, but cichlids are so irresistable creatures that you can forgot that ohter fish exist. It's controversial/. Do not criticize me.:)

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Im not bored. There was just someone that was looking for the Tetras that I had and I went ahead and gave them to them. It wasnt planned at all. But I figured that since I did that I would go back to a planted tank and now I dont know what I want my fish to be.