I have FRY

DclownD

Large Fish
Jul 11, 2006
Syracuse, Ny
omg omg omg i have fry... this is a big deal cuz i just siphoned water and did a water change without knowing it.. disapointingly i can only find 3

edit i dont think they will make it since the mollys poop way to much... lol they are demons...

Last edited:

JWright

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Snowy Upstate New York
www.cnytheater.com
Freshly hatched artemia (baby brine-shrimp) are probably the best fry food, but you would have needed to setup the hatchery a couple days ago.

Do you have a small medicine dropper?

If you can get the fry into a breeding net, take some flake food, grind it into a fine powder with your fingers, mix it with some water (in a shot glass or something) and administer it with the medicine dropper.

MadFish

Small Fish
Jul 9, 2006
Hmm... i remembered my fren saying that he mashed hard boiled egg yokes with water and feed them to fry.... not so sure was he crazy then...but u can try... hehe...if u r crazy enough too.

SANND

Large Fish
Jul 20, 2005
Washington, DC
You can put them in whatever container you can find for right now and just do frequent water changes. Those little breeder things that hang on the glass aren't expensive tho.

You can buy stuff called Fry Food. It comes in a tube and you just put a tiny drop in for just 3. Or boil an egg and then mush the yolk in some tank water. Be careful tho cuz it fouls the water pretty quickly.

Good luck!

ONeill074

Large Fish
Nov 27, 2005
New Jersey
DclownD said:
sweetness i thought i read somewhere there was sumtin else called first bytes?
You're right. There is a food product called Hikari First Bites. I used it to feed my Zebra Danio fry. I highly recommend it. My Danio fry are now huge healthy adult fish.

Jan 13, 2006
Colorado
yup hikari first bite is a great product, but it is very easy to over feed with it, the best method i found to use it is get a pair of tweezers and take out very small pinches, a little goes a long way with that stuff.