I need advice on a blue neon gourami

Dan Steveo

Large Fish
Apr 1, 2006
South England UK
hi please i need help i have recently set up a tank of approximately 45 litres and have lots of plants and hiding places. my fish are:5 cardinal tetras and 5 neon tetras two swordtails and 1 pleco. i am planning on buying another pleco and TWO BLUE NEON DWARF GOURAMI but my dad says they are viscious and kill neons. but i really want to get one female and one male. can anyone help me please??? thank you!!!

Mar 24, 2006
Pennsylvania
It all truly depends on the fish, some Gourami's might not be as aggresive as others, and some could be more aggresive. I did a google search and found that Dwarf Gouramis aren't compatible with Neons or Cardinals, but that's information from only one website (it also says Dwarfs should be kept in groups of three). You could always take the Neons and Cardinals back to the fish store and get the Gouramis instead.

Here's the website I got my information from in case you would like to look up some things, http://www.timstropicals.com/Compatibility.

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
I agree with Lotus. Your tank is full and I wouldnt add any other fish. IMO even if you were to take the Neons and Cardinals I dont feel that your tank supplies the space needed for 2 Gouramies to live peacfully. I think that if you took back the Neons that you will be able to get one but Gouramies are aggressive fish and you dont want to coop them up in a small space. I hope that I helped. :D