I need someone to take me under their wing

May 21, 2006
I need someone, or a small group of people to teach me the ropes. Please NO beginner!!!! I'm trying to breed fish and showcase some of the offspring. My dream is 2 have house with some land so I can build a shedd just for my fish. That's how deep I'm trying 2 go. If there's someone out there with the same love help me out. Money and time is not a problem, I have plenty of both.

2 let you know alittle about myself, I a 29 year old male from Washington, DC. nAs I have stated in my first thread, I've loved fish all my life but just in the last year I've become a fish head!!!!! I have a year old managunse and 2 convicts (1male & 1female). I have 4 tanks: 20g, 30g, 55g, 74g,. I live in a apartment, but I use the walk in closet in the hall way. I can put my 55g, 20g, and 30g in there. I got my 74g in my bedroom. My living room is just waiting for that 150g.

Somebody please look out for a real fish lover.

Last edited:
lol. i can underrstand your enthusiasm. i would do just the same if i had the money. there are lots of wonderful people here who know their stuff. you can look under their avatars and see how many posts they have made. generally the more they have posted the more they know. also look for forum managers, MFT staff or large or super fish.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
yahoofishkeeper said:
you can look under their avatars and see how many posts they have made. generally the more they have posted the more they know. also look for forum managers, MFT staff or large or super fish.
This is no way to see who on this board or any other board knows their stuff. All the post count is, is just that. A post count. It doesn't even start to let someone know how much knowledge they have or how 'good' they are at this hobby. I've seen lots of idiots with large post counts but who couldn't explain how to cycle a tank, and I've been around people with very low post counts who could teach me all sorts of things about fish that I never knew before. The post count in no way reflects that particular users knowledge.

Welcome to the tank smokiavelli. I'm sure you'll find that there are more than just a few people ready and willing to help you where ever we can. No offence to anyone, but there are plenty of 'mother hens' to go around who can help guide you. ;)