I Need Visuals

im_netta

Small Fish
Mar 5, 2005
Can someone please send me a pic of a bristleworm so I can once and for all conclude what is infesting my rocks?

I also need a pic of an arrow shrimp or an arrow crab which ever it is so I can conclude what the little red line with antenas is, that is living inside of my LARGE hermit crabs shell?
Or if anyone knows what little tiny transparent swimming creatures have infested my crushed shell bottom, i'd appreciate the info. Are they bad? They're multiplying by the hundreds its seems.

IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE.......THANK YOU

Feb 6, 2005
Waterloo, ON Canada
Try this link below

http://shop.uwphoto.no/search_resul...14&txtsearchParamMan=60&txtsearchParamVen=ALL

You should be able to find it on this sites photo gallary.

From your respons in the other thread it sounds like some kind of bristle/fire worm. I don't know to much about them but I don't think they are that big a deal in your tank. I have seen simialar (not as long) worms in my tank time to time and never had any troubles. I could be wrong though so best to try and identify it and then do a little research. Good luck and hope I helped a little.

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
try the yahoo or google image search feature

but, based on your description in the other post they are definitely bristleworms...bristleworms are ok, but if you have a whole lot of them then that is a sign you are overfeeding...a wrasse will generally control them

arrow crabs do not live in shells and i have never heard of an arrow shrimp...are you sure it isn't just the top of the hermit's head poking out?

the tiny transparent swimming creatures are probably amphipods or copepods...they aren't bad they are a sign of a healthy tank and provide a little natural food for your fish as well

do you have a digital camera?

Last edited:

1979camaro

Ultimate Fish
Oct 22, 2002
San Ramon, CA
i have had a 6 line...i like the 6 line and mine did a good job of cleaning up the bristleworms in my 20g nano...unfortunately he jumped one day while i was at class so that was kind of sad, but for the 4 months or so i had him I really liked him. Pretty active and always darting in and out of the live rock...fed readily on flake/frozen...plus they are super easy to come by in the wild and do well in captivity so no worries about collection issues