I need..

Fishee

New Fish
Feb 6, 2007
i am in need of caves or hole and such, big enough for my two rainbow sharks but small enough not to take up my entire 5 gallon tank. jacks and petsmart have failed me. any other store suggestions or do-it yourself type things?

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Fishee said:
i am in need of caves or hole and such, big enough for my two rainbow sharks but small enough not to take up my entire 5 gallon tank. jacks and petsmart have failed me. any other store suggestions or do-it yourself type things?
I can't remember who, but someone took some PVC tubing (You choose the length/Diam. you need) cover it with aquarium sealant and then roll it in sand/gravel let it dry 24hrs, and there ya go. Decorative lil' tunnel/hideout.

I'd love to give that member credit for this Idea....but can't remember :(

Oct 18, 2006
Oceanside California
yea get a bigger tank, two rainbows in a 5 gallon that is too small a tank for them IMO.

I know this is not the news you want to hear, but it is true, they will get big and need space to swim. If you add the cave or decoration it will take up movement space they will want. i would recommend no smaller than 10 gallon for one of them IMO.

Fishywishy

Large Fish
Sep 19, 2006
I saw some rainbow sharks that were smaller then a baby neon tetra the other day...... are you talking that size?

I'd say get a couple of really tiny clay pots from the local hobby/craft store or walmart or i dunno whereever you'd find clay pots at LOL

it'll keep it natural looking and when you figure out the tank is too small because they start growing and you get a great big tank (it's bound to happen), it'll work great for a couple of ADF's (those are a lot of fun)

sclabman

Large Fish
Jan 21, 2007
L.A.
if your rainbow sharks are the rainbow sharks i'm' thinking of, they need a much bigger tank. a 20 gallon tank would be the minimum i'd say (once they get bigger of course. if yours are small then a 5 gallon would be an okay initial temporary home)