I think my guppy may be pregnant

IbTb

New Fish
Mar 4, 2009
Wheat Ridge CO
:eek: I didn't intend for that to happen (HAHA I said that when I was pregnant too) Anyway! What do I do?? She is a Taquila Sunrise guppy and I don't want to watch innocent be murdered!!

Toam

Large Fish
Jul 27, 2005
Grove, Oklahoma
you could try one of those breeder add-ons? I can't recall what you call them because it's been so long, but it's a little see through cube that you put the pregnant female in, and it has a divider so when she has the fry they go to the bottom and it keeps her at the top, you have to really keep an eye on these though.

IbTb

New Fish
Mar 4, 2009
Wheat Ridge CO
I don't have a clue as to how to raise these guys!! Do they need a special diet or anything? How much care do they require and what the hell am I doing?? These two didn't even care about eachother before my other guppies died. Are they going to continue to breed if I keep them in the same tank (i dont want more babies).

Mar 13, 2009
Poconos, PA
yes they will continue to breed.

You can let nature take its course though and not do anything to raise the fry.
The bigger fish will eat them in order to keep the population down.

Some people do nothing to ensure the frys survival and the fish grow to adult size.. But at some point the space will be limited and no fry will survive due to being eaten.

Lots of plants for cover and food will help the fry to grow but if you wanted to ensure survival the best method is to raise the fry in a tank of their own. They do require frequent feeding and have a reputation of being "messy".

bmoraski

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2009
Upstate NY
yes they will continue to breed.

You can let nature take its course though and not do anything to raise the fry.
The bigger fish will eat them in order to keep the population down.

Some people do nothing to ensure the frys survival and the fish grow to adult size.. But at some point the space will be limited and no fry will survive due to being eaten.

Lots of plants for cover and food will help the fry to grow but if you wanted to ensure survival the best method is to raise the fry in a tank of their own. They do require frequent feeding and have a reputation of being "messy".
Ditto
good response Blue !