i think my molly is racist....

Ok... I got a new tank, I was really excited, and I got 2 mollies to go along with it, they were really cool, a black one and a white one (Yin and Yang) and they were fine for a while.... Then Yang (the black one) would chase Yin around the tank! For no reason! At first I didn't think anything of it, but he won't stop, he's being mean to Yin. So today I get two new mollies, a black/white one (Cow) and an orange one (no name yet) and Yang does the exact same thig to Cow as he does to Yin, he even chases both of them around at the same time! What is happening? And I think Cow might become a parent sometime soon, how do I tell if it's a boy or a girl, and if it's pregnant?

Anyway, the orange one isn't a problem, he/she just swims lazily around the tank.

And can mollies even see color?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Hey thats totally ok :) thats what we're here for. Of course for beginners its good to read around the board a lot. Your mollies are livebearers so you would find helpful information about them in the livebearer forum. Then attached to the top of each forum are helpful threads that have been "stickied" that you might want to read through :)

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
well...then you may want to re-evaluate the fish you have. Generally its best to keep at least 2 females per male with livebearers...

Sometimes though one or two fish will be really dominant and pick on the other fish and there's not a whole lot you can do about it...you can try trading them in at your fish store?