I watched my fish die...

Dec 3, 2017
I have a black molly infected with ich, He was swimming so healthy then instantly his body became stiff and he sunk to the bottom, Do ick kill fish mysteriously?

Edit: I also did use a plastic cup to scoop up a broken decaration that went to the surface before the death of the molly, The plastic might of killed the fish...

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Unlikely that the ich parasite itself killed the mollie. It was probably suffering from other issues and a weakened immune system. The plastic cup shouldn't be a problem. Most aquarium stuff is made from the same plastic.

Read up on mollies if you want to keep them in the future. They should have a larger tank, like a 20L or 29g IMO and they do best in slightly brackish water. Mollies have their own specific needs that are not necessarily compatible with other tropicals.

Dec 3, 2017
Unlikely that the ich parasite itself killed the mollie. It was probably suffering from other issues and a weakened immune system. The plastic cup shouldn't be a problem. Most aquarium stuff is made from the same plastic.

Read up on mollies if you want to keep them in the future. They should have a larger tank, like a 20L or 29g IMO and they do best in slightly brackish water. Mollies have their own specific needs that are not necessarily compatible with other tropicals.
What if the fish is in the cup? My fish like to swim to the cups if put them in the water