I would like to learn

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
More about sump system set ups. When I first got my tank, the LFS sold me what he called (SP) a Berlin system, meaning it has just two chambers and the largest chamber just has my return pump and my skimmer in it. When I get my new tank I would like to have a sump set up with an area for chaeto, and maybe a deep sand bed. Are there any web sites where I can learn more about how to have a sump built for what I am wanting? My LFS has this out look on things, simple is better, the more I get into this SW hobby, I am tending to disagree with this out look on certin things, the sump area is one of these places. Is their a formula , if your tank holds this much water your sump should hold this much water? I just need to learn more about this before I get a new tank.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Sorry, After I posted this, I saw Dragonets post on sumps, this might answer alot of my questions. A sticky on this subjest might be helpful if someone has the time.

Dragonet

Medium Fish
Mar 19, 2009
Kingston ON.
Sorry, After I posted this, I saw Dragonets post on sumps, this might answer alot of my questions. A sticky on this subjest might be helpful if someone has the time.
I agree it should be a sticky because this is a common thing if your looking to do a sump and don't have hundreds to throw away for molded plastic. Also if its your first time with a sump system you really do need help with the setup.