Ich Treatment with Betta

Flare

Small Fish
Apr 23, 2005
St Louis
My betta has white spots on his face, I assume are Ich. For the past couple of days I have been treating him with Aquarisol and some BettaFix Remedy.

Now I have heard that I should use a strong medicine, like Coppersafe. Is this true? If so, should I do a water change before I use it?

I wish I could raise his water temperature but he's in a 1-gallon. I'm definately going to have to get a bigger tank.

Thanks,
cj

Flare

Small Fish
Apr 23, 2005
St Louis
Will he get better without me raising the water temperature? Because it's a one-gallon tank, I don't know how to raise and maintain the temp.

He has gotten no worse. If he keeps like this, will I be able to change the water due to the Aquarisol needing to be in there?

Thanks,
cj

Mar 11, 2003
He will be able to be cured even though you cannot raise the temp in his bowl. This is what I would do. Do 100% water changes 2 times a week, adding a good-sized pinch of salt and 1 drop of Aquari-Sol each time. Keep to this schedule for about 2 weeks, observing the symptoms of the disease. If he is not looking better after the first week, though, you can add 2 drops of Aquari-Sol for the remaining week. I hope this helps.

Alexa