ich? twich? shock?

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i dont think its natural for a Ocellaris Clownfish to turn their bodies sideways and start to twich?? its really freaking me out....

there not rubbing against anything...so thats a good thing

i probably didnt do a good job accumlating them into the tank...

anyone know wats wrong?

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
yes mine do it too, as in a mating dance.....personally though I don't think that is what yours is doing....does he do it against the sand in which case sounds like a case of ich or brooklynella

Sep 12, 2006
Algonquin, IL
mine do it too! if they do it when they're close to each other it's something to do with submissing to eachother, like aresgod and lorna said it's some sort of mating thing. if they're not near eachother, then i'd say your clowns have problems.

CoolWaters

Superstar Fish
Dec 10, 2006
Milpitas
i did it for about an hour its because the jump out of the cup....

anyways there doing it in the open so there not rubbing against anything.

i'll go check on then later tonight to see how they are doing. they look fine. the small guy is pretty mellow. when i took them home the big one has going all crazy in the bag...

the big one is doing most of the twiching i think i saw the small guy do it once.

and they do it close to each other.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
hmmmm either way they are not eating.....I would keep a close eye on them. Do you have other fish in the tank? and if so these should be in quarantine.......

TRe

Elite Fish
Feb 20, 2005
ft. lauderdale
if there not eating thats not good but if they rub against eachother or in my case the male on the female then its nothing bad but if its against the sand or rock then its somthing to look into

Joe Fish

Superstar Fish
Apr 21, 2006
Penn State
josy.isa-geek.com
I agree. Not eating isn't a good thing. Twitching is pretty much a normal thing if there isn't one other clown. Keep an eye on it. Every now and again i'll see my clown wiggle in the sand, but nothing ever becomes of it. If you can QT them to get a better look. If you can't QT add a vitamin supplement to their food. Have you tried frozen food?