ich!!!

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i have a question pertaning ich. i am more than sertain that my apisto has it *SICK* . noy bad but only about 5 spots. will raising the temp eradicate the ich :eek: ? will it hurt my fish *GOLDFISH* ? and if so at wat temp should i let it get to?

TrpTwlght

Medium Fish
Jun 5, 2005
Tucson, AZ
www.authorhouse.com
Raising the temp won't hurt your fish. But it won't cure the ick all by itself. Raise it to about 86 or so. It will take about a week for the ick to be completely gone. ick lives in a cyle so it takes awhile to get rid of. Do a 10-10% water change daily too. And add some aquarium salt. It will help relieve some of the stress from the fish. You could try some of the medicine they sell. But that can stress the fish. You should be able to get rid of it by just doing the above. Also ick can't survive in the dark, so keep your light off as much as possible, or throw a towel over the bowl.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
any other oppinions? the artical told me not to use salt with soft water fish. i have shrimp in the tank and if i put them in the six gallon reagan will masacer them!