Ick Problem

May 5, 2006
I have an outbreak of Ick in my aquarium. I have been treating the tank with Quick Cure. It has worked for me before. I am treating with half strength because I have tetras in the tank. Does anyone know anything else I can do that will help the Ick go away faster? I have been treating it for about four days now. Thanks in advance!​

hcover

Medium Fish
Apr 22, 2006
Missouri
That's what I did too and it worked - temperature to 84 for 10 days and aquarium salt (for freshwater) for 10 days - the directions on how much to use are on the instructions with the salt. As with all things, gradually, over the course of a couple of days. Treatment for 10 days, or 3 days after the signs of ick are gone.

hcover

so proud that I knew an answer :)

May 5, 2006
My Ick still isn't gone. I've been treating for a few days now with Quick Cure. Anybody have any more suggestions to speed things up? Thanks in advance!

May 5, 2006
No, I'm not using a charcoal filter. I still would not be able to medicate them with full strength because the tetras are the ones who have the Ick. It says not to give them a full dosage. It is starting to go away on the Longfinned Blackskirt Tetras, but one of the Glowlights still has it. I think it is almost cured. Hopefully! I'm gonna keep trying!