IDEAS ABOUT ANENOMES

uhm, i am starting a new FOWLR for xmas, but i am gonna have a few clowns in there and that all i knwo so far for sure as far as fish... i will need to get a few anenomes..i am lost because there are so damn many...any suggestions...getting a knew 55 g tank and all the equipment, liverock...so remember, im on a budget...lol

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
you dont need to get any anenomes, clowns dont need them, many times they wont even take to an anenome if you buy one for them, and 90% of the anenomes out there require very intense lights, i.e. metal halides or power compacts, which you prolly wont have with your FOWLR tank, so i would recommend not having anenomes.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
I agree with Aresgod. Too many inexperienced people get anemones...to many anemones die. I my opinion they are harder to keep then corals. So to all begginners stay away from the anemones.

aresgod

Superstar Fish
Jan 14, 2004
mass
Visit site
just a follow there are only a few anemonesthat you can even keep with power compacts, most really require the intensity of metal halides, which means lots of money and if you buy metal halides you might as well have a reef