Idiots at LFS

Jun 2, 2008
I tried to get a Nitrite and a Natrate tester for my 30 gallon Freshwater tank but, They could not understand why I would want to test my Freshwater tank for that stuff because "no one does it"

I swear I don't trust LFS's for advice only to get my stuff I need.

Now, Does anyeone know where I can order a Nitrate and Nitrite for cheap that doesnt come with PH and Ammonia because, I already have those.

I put in Bio Spira and my fish and everything seems fine but I havent been able to test my Nitriate and Nitrite and I don't want my Fish kicking the bucket anytime soon.

*crazysmil

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
I recommend APIs Freshwater master kit. You can order it from any of our sponsors. I've also used Nutrafin's Test kits, I actually like them better then the API ones but their master kit has no Nitrate Test which irritates me. :p

TabMorte

Superstar Fish
Jan 17, 2008
Test strips are good for quick testing but they're not as reliable as drops and if you get any moisture on them at all you can ruin your whole pack in a few seconds.

I recommend the drops.

Jun 2, 2008
I love this place. I wouldnt have never found out about Bio Spira and I would have to wait two weeks, Oh wait. They wouldnt tell me to cycle would they? They would tell me come back in a few days. WTF.

I swear if I worked at a LFS I would make sure my customers would know what there doing. The only person who knew something was this girl at my LFS. The problem is they think that you "expect" fish to die because "that happens" No, They should only be dying from disease and age. If you maintain your tank, and make sure you test everything 3-7 days or so you wont have a problem. I put my fish in within 24 hours AND they are alive and well because I researched it and didnt listen to my LFSI (Local Fish Store Idiot)