Ignorant LFS clerks: A Blessing And A Curse

Mar 6, 2006
So i caught the salt bug pretty bad and i went to get my live rock today. I got it from a Petco which isnt the best place but its affordable and close. Anyway the guy who bagged my rock put me down for 2 lbs (it was probably more like 3 but i wasnt going to speak up!) So i get to the register and hand her the little slip the guy filled out for the rock and she rang it up. She put it in as .02 lbs!!!! I got 2-3 lbs of rock for 15 cents!!!!!:eek: I couldnt beleive it! I payed for that and my salt, hydrometer etc. and left with a smurk on my face. Take that ignorant LFS!!!*twirlysmi *SUPERSMIL

Jul 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Petco ignores alot of things. The last time I was ever in there (also the first), I saw a 3" Spotted Sweetlip in with a bunch of clowns. No max size was listed anywhere. They probably tell people that fish only grow to the size of their environment too.

Good steal.

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
LOL. Nice one!!
I've had similar experience at Pet Extreme. On one occasion I selected 4 or 5 lbs of live rock for my system and took it to the register. The cashier rang it up as one item at $4.99, not $4.99 x 5 lbs. It made me want to go back right then and there and grab a bunch more.
The all time best mess up though was at their 'buy a fish in a bag' sale where you buy the fish they've ordered still bagged up from their supplier. I bought what was labelled as a Juvi Cortez Angel for just under $20, and got it home to discover it was a Juvi Blue-Faced Angel. I've just seen one of these guys be advertised at $450 on saltwaterfish.com. *twirlysmi *SUPERSMIL

Last edited:
May 31, 2006
I bought my first box of Live rock (about 75 pounds) for $500. The guy at the store wrote 500 on the box, but there was a mark/stain on the box just to the right of the 5, making it look like 5,00.

So, the clerk upstairs charged me 5 bucks. Giddyup. *PEACE!*