I'm a new guy here, but not to keeping fish

Cheers to all*celebrate . I'm new to this site, as far as being a member, been hanging around silently watching and listening for a while though. I've been keeping fish for most of my adult childhood:D, as my wife calls it, actually I've had some sort of tank set up since I was about 7 or 8. I have 3 brackiskish tanks and 1 freshwater tank(with my wife's gold fish) and 2 other wip's, a 180 gal brackish and a 75 gal brackish(I'm combining 2 of my smaller tanks into the 75). Needless to say I like brackish water fish. o if anyone needs help with brackish tanks or fish dont hesitate to ask, if for some reason I dont know the answer I will find it for you.

Dont be jealous, leave that part to my wife, she has already suggested that I start sleeping in my den ( thats where the tanks are)*SLEEPING* , since I spend so much time down there. But trust me when I say its a w.i.p., all I have so far is the glass to build the tank with, so no need to be jealous, yet:D .

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Nice! Love those archers....don't have a tank big enough for one.....yet. Scats are great to. You've probably already read my signature.....so I don't need to tell you what I have. At some point I hope to get them into a bigger tank. Mono's of course my favorite *SUPERSMIL .
My next project will be F8 puffers. Keep us updated on your 180gal progress.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
oooohhhhh. Can you post pictures when you get the 75 all set up? My dream tank is like a 90gal or larger with schools of monos.
I am pretty lucky because there is one really good lfs here (a mom and pop) that has brackish fish and actually keep them in brackish water and they are good about ordering.
This isn't the greatest but do you have a Petco?..........the one by me frequently has monos, scats and archers (in FW). I haven't bought any from there, but if you go in the day the shipment comes in shouldn't be too bad. Never ordered online.

Edit: Actually I forgot..........I DID get, I mean rescue, my Scat from Petco and he's healthy as can be.

Last edited:
*Thanks to Lotus for the welcome.

to answer other ?'s... Yes There is petco here but I for some reason have never been there(actually reason is because their prices on equipment is so much higher than anyone else in town), my archers and scats actually came from Superpetz, they too were a rescue mission, my puffer came out of red bellied pacu tank at walmart, any thanks for info I will check into petco

Oh well its time to go for tonite, my shift is over*BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS be back tommorow

Last edited: