I'm Baaack!

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Hello all, after at least 2 years maybe more I decided to come back. A little bit about myself to those that are new and to those that old. I am still in college, one more year to go...I am moving back home end of this semester and attending a college close by. I left my first job as an aquarium worker 3 years ago and jumped over to a bigger better company. I was in charge of the saltwater section, which boasted over 5000 gallons of saltwater, a 750 gallon shark tank and 650 gallon reef tank. The partners split the store closed and I joined one partner at his new location doing tank maintenance. That was a year ago...I now am the store manager of a new aquarium store..but being 2 hours away from the store I am only there limited amount of time and a lot of the business I have to do through email and the online website. All my former tanks are gone...they were torn down and sold prior to me entering college. I currently have a little 46 gallon bowfront with some colorful community marine fish. I just ordered a new 280 gallon tank that will be set up as an SPS tank once I return home. Man this is a long post, hope to meet a lot of you and see some old faces!

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
welcome back. not sure if I ever met u or not. but sounds like u have a great job although it is a long drive to get there. but can I ask since I aint into sw what is an sps tank?

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
thanks for the welcome back. major is business management. As of now I plan on pursuing the aquarium career and I should be either partnering with my current boss or opening my own store in a matter of years

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I been doing all those job sites. I was working construction for the past 3 years but the economy went to hell and noone wants an out of work brick layer for some reason.

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Welcome back.......I remember all the help you were to me when I first started up in this hobby.......it is great to see old faces popping back in now and then.....

May 30, 2008
Midland, MI
Welcome back to the the tank. I see you are in Michigan, where is your store located? I am always looking for new stores to visit and would rather support a fellow MFTer if possible. I would like to come check you out.

S.Reef

Superstar Fish
Dec 1, 2003
Michigan
Welcome back to the the tank. I see you are in Michigan, where is your store located? I am always looking for new stores to visit and would rather support a fellow MFTer if possible. I would like to come check you out.
My store is called Amazon Stingrays in Troy. We have a website amazonstingrays.com We specialize in Saltwater livestock and Freshwater stingrays. I am actually up at school right now, Central so im pretty close to midland