Im Fully Stocked Now

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Ok I know that I probably shouldnt have but since the Firefish didnt make it pass the wrath of my tank and I wanted something to control the algae and plants population in my tank I decide to buy a Tang. My LFS just got a few Lavender Tangs in and I really like them. They were $30 and I bought one. :D I have a few pics but they arent that great cause I just put him in the tank. I hope to get better ones soon. Also sry about the glare. He has already started picking at the plants that have rooted themselves in the tank from the sump. :D

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Point 2 - they don't really eat the algae you have - they tend to pick at diatoms, slime and surface algaes i.m.e. I actually think it might be ok for your tank tho - they are not especially fast growers, and I doubt it will get much past five inches in the next five years.

Nice fish

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
Cool. Thanks. :D We might get bigger tank for him. (Our plan is to just get 2 large tanks one for SW and one for FW after we settle down....in a few years.) I have seen him nibble at the grassy algae stuff already. ???

Lorna

Elite Fish
Mar 3, 2005
NE Indiana
Looks fine Guppy...... I see my yellow tang nibbling at my live rock these days and I actually have him eating romaine. I know it is like candy but I am trying to get him used to eating from the clip so I can attach seaweed or nori and have him eat that....