I'm New!

Jan 19, 2004
Visit site
Hey y'all!

Talphik introduced me to this site, since I am hoping to get a fish tank set up in my room in residence at university. I tried a Betta, but he sadly died of some kind of fungus (he was a Walmart fish...probably why).

Since I already have the betta starter kit tank (it's 2 litres, and has no filter or anything although there is a light I can buy for it), I would like to get either a few tiny fish that are easy to maintain and don't need a filter, or a dwarf frog. Do you have any suggestions on what kind of creatures would be good for me, and how to get my tank ready for them?

Thanks so much! I look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing fun fishy stories! Talk to you later!!

AquaBaby007

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Welcome to the tany Aqua :)

I'd think you would be best off to get a filter...they make several very small, relatively inexpensive filters that would work well in that tank.

Welcome AquaBaby007! Id definetly get a filter its just so much easier. Its a pain not having one and having to clean every second day, algea can grow pretty fast in a tank with no movement. You can get a cheap little one from walmart that has an air pump attached to it for like $6.

With that said, id go with an african dwarf frog. They stay really small, are cool to watch and make this very cool sound when theyre happy.